2018 Festival Line-Up Announced
Alianait Arts Festival, Nunavut’s largest circumpolar arts event June 29 to July 2, will include Greenland’s hottest rock band Nanook, dazzling and soulful Juno-nominee Cris Derksen , and multiple award-winning indigenous artists Leela Gilday and Twin Flames.
Powerful Australian duo This Way North and Newfoundland’s own Séan McCann are also joining Alianait this year, and banjo-picking singer-songwriter Old Man Luedecke, Igloolik’s rising star Lazarus Qattalik and Arviat's Agaaqtoq will make encore appearances.
Here's the full line-up:
- Greenland's rock band Nanook, who will release their 4th studio album in May.
- Passionate singer/songwriter Leela Gilday
- Igloolik's rising star Lazarus Qattalik
- Séan McCann, founding member of Great Big Sea
- Soulful Juno-nominee Cris Derksen
- Popular award-winning duo Twin Flames
- Australian powerhouse pair This Way North
- Arviat's prolific songwriter Agaaqtoq
- Blind River singer-songwriter Evan Redsky
- Our first Greenlandic children's entertainer Hinnarik
- Pop-rock quartet Jane's Party
- The Arviat Band performing their unique country sound
- Two-time Juno award-winner Old Man Luedecke
- Alianait favourite, Greenland's multi-dimensional Hans Henrik Poulsen
- Indie folk singer-songwriter Brooklyn Doran
- Alt-folk songwriter Ahi
- First prize winner of the 2017 Qilaut Song Contest, Leetia Kalluk
- From Greenland, the Qiajuk Dancers - Miyuki Daorana and Maria Lyberth
Festival Passes are on sale for only $90 through the Alianait website at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2018-alianait-arts-festival-festival-pass-tickets-44725841195.
Festival Pass buyers will save 20 per cent off individual ticket prices. Even better prices are offered to those who opt to become members and ongoing supporters.
Elders and children 12 & under accompanied by an adult can get in for free.