To recognize the efforts of our volunteers, Alianait will provide you with a Festival t-shirt, a chance to win some great prizes and a whole lot of fun. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
List of Volunteer Responsibilities
- Administrative Support: Assist Festival Director with a variety of administrative tasks, such as organizing artist welcome packages, coordinating volunteer drivers, survey coordination and summary reports, etc.
- Media Coordination / Writer: Scheduling performer interviews, writing and distributing public service announcements, bios, coordinating media at Festival events.
- Children & Youth Activities: Help organize, set up and run Children & Youth activities during the Festival.
- Environment & Site Clean-Up: Help maintain the integrity of the sites used during the Festival (monitor implementation of “green” programs; make sure sites are left the way they are found)
- First Aid: Provide first aid (kits provided) at Alianait events. Must have First Aid certificate.
- Billeting: Provide accommodation for visiting artists.
- Fundraising & Sponsorship: Assist with sponsorship applications and soliciting support from the local business community to support Alianait’s financial needs.
- Ground Travel / Performer Assistance: Getting performers from place to place. Answering basic questions about the festival and being able to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Merchandise: Completing performers’ intake & outake sheets to manage inventory, selling performers and Alianait merchandise, recording sales, managing cash & completing cash reports.
- Security & Traffic Control: Supervise door, stages, back-stage, performer equipment lock up, patrol site and guard restricted areas and help direct traffic and parking.
- Event Coordination: Organizing events (local music during Festival, fundraiser concerts, other Alianait events) including advertising the event and preparing event site.
- Stage Management & Crew: Coordinate performers and run stage areas; work with Technical teams to maintain performance schedules and ensure equipment transportation.
- Ticket Collection, Sales & Info Table: Event ticket collection, sales & reporting, managing cash & completing reports, general festival promotion.
- Workshop Crew: Help set up and maintain workshop sites, provide information to the public, support artists conducting the workshops.
List of Team Captain Responsibilities
- Recruit additional volunteers for their area and contact the ones we provide in a timely manner.
- Arrange meetings with their volunteers, attend necessary meetings with staff and ensure everyone attends the Volunteer Orientation.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the tasks in their area in order to assign jobs to their volunteers.
- Oversee the work done by their volunteers and ensure all volunteers meet requirements of the job (i.e. 19+, Class 4 licence, etc.).
- Design a work schedule for volunteers in their area, shifts during festival, any work before/after.
- Complete a Team Captain report after the festival.